TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions and code of conduct
Studio Kink is committed to creating the best possible environment for everyone to experience BDSM education and events. We want you to learn new things in a safe and comfortable environment.
Studio Kink students, teachers, staff, committee members, volunteers, students and participants at our events are required to comply with these terms and conditions and code of conduct.
We do not tolerate violations of our code of conduct in any form. If any Studio Kink participant engages in harassing behaviour, we will take prompt action to stop the harassment. This may include warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund. The Studio Kink Team reserves the right to exclude serious and/or repeated code of conduct violators on a long term or permanent basis.
If you experience a breach of this code at any Studio Kink event or class, please bring your concerns to one of the teachers or a member of the Studio Kink Team. We will treat these issues with the strictest confidentiality.
- Unless otherwise stated, all tickets grant one person access to a single class or event.
- Tickets sale are final and tickets are non transferable. If serious personal circumstances arise please contact a team member to discuss this as soon as you can.
- Refunds will only be issued in accordance with the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission, Department of Fair Trade, or at Studio Kink’s discretion.
- Each membership entitles the member named to purchase tickets for themselves at a 10% discount.
- Tickets purchased using a membership code must be purchased in the same name as the membership was purchased under
- Members are entitled to one discounted ticket per class
- Membership lasts until the end of the calendar year in which it was purchased
- Studio Kink reserves the right to refuse entry at the discretion of staff or instructors, irrespective of an attendee being in possession of a valid ticket.
- Entrance to Studio Kink is conditional on attendees accepting responsibility for their behaviour in and around the venue. We want everyone to have a good time so please respect others when at or near the venue.
- Attendees must be suitably attired to enter Studio Kink – the appropriate standard of dress may vary from event to event, if unsure please contact Studio Kink ahead of time.
- Entrance to Studio Kink is conditional on attendees not being intoxicated or under the influence of illicit substances.
- Studio Kink is an education space – no sexual activities may be engaged in on Studio Kink premise or at Studio Kink events.
- Entry to Studio Kink will be refused to anyone under 18 without exception.
- Attendees will be required to show Studio Kink staff and instructors government issued photo ID proving their age.
- Studio Kink welcomes people from all walks of life, and does not tolerate discrimination on any grounds – if you behave in a violent, harassing or threatening manner, whether verbally or physically, you will be asked to leave.
- We do not tolerate any form of harassment or abuse (verbal, physical, emotional, or sexual). Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion), deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of classes or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- We do not tolerate the use of misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or racist language.
- Consumption of alcohol during educational events run by Studio Kink is prohibited – attendees that appear to be intoxicated will not be permitted to enter Studio Kink.
- As it is a criminal offence to possess, consume or distribute illicit drugs – attendees using, or dealing drugs in Studio Kink will be asked to leave and the police may be notified.
- Please bring any dangerous behaviour or conditions to the attention of staff or instructors.
- We ask that all attendees leave the venue quietly and show respect to our neighbours.
- There can be no definitive list of behaviours, comments or situations which make people feel. uncomfortable. You should always consider how your actions are affecting others, and modify your behaviour as appropriate.
- If you are not a teacher, do not offer unsolicited advice to your fellow students during classes or events.
- We expect you to use your full range of senses to maintain spatial awareness to avoid accidental collisions and injuries. This includes avoiding walking into scenes other than your own and ensuring your scene does not encroach on the space of others.
- Please be respectful to event organisers, teachers, volunteers and venue staff, even if you are experiencing a momentary personal frustration.
This applies to everyone involved with Studio Kink, including Studio Kink Team Members, teachers, visiting teachers, staff, volunteers, students, participants and attendees.
Consent is a mutually understood agreement, entered into freely and willingly, granting a specific set of permissions that can be withdrawn at any time.
- Explicit verbal consent must be obtained before intentionally touching anyone. It is the responsibility of the person initiating the activity to ensure consent has been gained prior to starting.
- Never assume there exists an implied consent.
- Be as specific as possible when asking for consent.
- If the nature of the activity changes or the participants understanding changes then consent for the change must be sought otherwise the activity must end.
- Be aware that any participant can withdraw consent at any time.
- Someone can not be held to a predetermined agreement. Consent must be ongoing.
- Respect indecision (it means there is not consent).
- Do not set out to convince someone of an answer or to change their mind.
- Gain consent for each different activity.
- Consent to one thing does not imply consent to anything else.
- Make every effort to understand coercive influences. We encourage everyone to be aware that “Yes” does not always mean “Yes”. Consent should at all times be enthusiastic, informed and continual.
People who have breached consent will be asked to leave the space. They will be unable to return unless they are actively engaged in an accountability process and be in compliance with all the terms and/or demands of that process (according to the facilitators, the survivor, and/or whomever has been designated to monitor the agreements emerging from the process).
Studio Kink does not vet or vouch for students and attendees. We make efforts to vet our instructors, presenters, teachers and staff.
As part of vetting visiting instructors we:
- Ask them for references and seek to establish a chain of trust through reference check.
- Contact people who we trust and ask for references. If they don’t know the person, we ask them if they know someone they trust for us to talk to who might know them.
No vetting procedure is perfect. If you have information that you think is relevant to this process please email email@example.com. We aim to provide world class kink education from the best presenters available and believe that these people should be held to the highest standard of conduct.
Dealing With Grievances
If you feel unsafe, or experience any behaviour which crosses your boundaries or violates this policy, please approach a Studio Kink Team Member with whom you feel comfortable talking to. They can talk to you about how you wish to resolve the issue and can act on your behalf if you desire.
Studio Kink recognises that, despite our best efforts and intention that we can not simultaneously be everything for everyone. As such we will always endeavour to do our best and use our best judgement.
Acknowledgment of Limitations
We understand that this policy can not cover every situation. As such we welcome the continuing discussion about and improvement of this policy. If you have any concerns, suggestions or comments please let us know either by contacting a Studio Kink Team member or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In all situations the Studio Kink Team will use their best judgement and discretion to resolve the situation.
This policy is in no way designed to replace or prevent people from taking other actions or involving any authorities they see fit.
By purchasing tickets or entering the premise of Studio Kink or an event organised by Studio Kink you agree to the following:
Studio Kink reserves the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any of the arrangements relating directly or indirectly to an event, for any circumstances beyond the Studio Kink's reasonable control. This includes the cancellation of an event itself.
Studio Kink's maximum liability is limited to a full refund of the workshop registration fee. Studio Kink accepts no additional liability for travel costs, hotel costs, or any other additional costs incurred.
I understand, acknowledge and agree that the activities undertaken at Studio Kink are dangerous and as such, have inherent dangers and risks, including risk of injury or death. I acknowledge that the activities I undertake are at my own risk and therefore it would be unreasonable for Studio Kink to be responsible in any way for any injury or death. I hereby waive all legal rights of action against Studio Kink, its directors, instructors, employees, landlords and leases for the loss, damages or injuries arising out of or in relation to the participation by myself in the activities conducted or organised by Studio Kink. Including, without limitation, liability of any negligent or tortous act or omission, breach of duty, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty on the part of Studio Kink or related parties.
I confirm that I assume the risk of, and the responsibility for any injury resulting from my participation in my activities. I participate in activities at my sole risk and responsibility and release, indemnify and hold harmless Studio Kink.